Monday 9 July 2007

Mr Pacino and me


Agent Simple is Stefan Strömberg, Gothenburg factory worker and - in his spare time - purveyor of superb lo-fi indie pop. Comparisons with Jens Lekman and Suburban Kids With Biblical Names will inevitably arise with seasoned Swindie fans hearing Agent Simple's songs for the first time - purely because of the similar vocal stylings - but I'm a big fan of both the aforementioned acts so the Agent's vocal similarity is no bad thing at all as far as I'm concerned.

He's so far released two EPs - 2005's I Got Mad At The Kids and this year's Shaking An Egg. Now, having never even heard of Agent Simple until yesterday, I've not heard these EPs in their entirety yet, but I've really liked the four songs I've caught so far. My favourites are Make A Right At Jordfallsmotet, a paean to his smalltown upbringing; and Friday, which lyrically provides us with a sort of modern update on the sentiments expressed by Paul Simon on I Am A Rock. Marvellous stuff. See what you think.

Agent Simple - Friday mp3 (available for seven days)

Agent Simple - Make A Right At Jordfallsmotet mp3 (available for seven days)

Buy the Shaking An Egg EP here

Agent Simple's My Space page

4 comments:

Spike said...

Oh I like him. Very good!

Kippers said...

He's wasted in that factory, for sure!

Stacey Shackford said...

hmmm where you at? we're thinking of bringing him over to glasgow soon...

Kippers said...

Sounds like a plan! We're way darn sarf, though, I'm afraid.