Monday 11 August 2008

Premium rate pop!

I was watching a load of random cheesy pop classics from the 70s on YouTube the other night, as you do, when I stumbled upon the following clip, which is quite possibly the campest thing I've ever seen in my life. The year is 1976 (no, not now!), the group Belgian disco-pop combo Trinity, and the song 002-345-709 (That's My Number); and it's completely, bonkers-ly brilliant!



Mildly Interesting Pop Fact(s): 002-345-709 reached #8 in the Dutch hit parade and #2 in Belgium, and the above clip is taken from the Dutch chart show TOPPOP. Fancy!

Trinity - 002-345-709 mp3

3 comments:

Dennis said...

The definition of cool, surely!

Ahh Toppop. I used to watch that every week with my sister and mom. I miss decent weekly popshows!

ally. said...

awesome fucking welles !

ah you use your time wisely dear - that really is a treasure. i shall be practicing the routine all morning before i play the tune without possibly the greatest video in the world ever nearly
x

Kippers said...

Glad you both like it! A friend of mine had the temerity to describe this video as "hideous" when she saw it. Philistine!