Tuesday 31 March 2009

Kiwi Go Again

Although it's already been screened in the U.S., we're not due to get season two of Flight of the Conchords here in the U.K. until May. I'm afraid I just couldn't wait that long, though, so ended up downloading the series over the internet, and by crikey it doesn't disappoint. Along with Peep Show, Summer Heights High, Extras and The IT Crowd this is one of the funniest TV comedies of the past few years, for me. We'll have to make the most of this second series of FotC, mind, as it looks like it's going to be the last. Ahh.

***************Mild Spoilers Ahoy!***************

Some of my favourite bits from season two: Brian the New Zealand Prime Minister, the Australian girlfriend/Australians in general as New Zealenders' nemeses, Mary Lynn Rajskub (Chloe from 24) and the Simon & Garfunkel episode, the epileptic dogs episode, Murray's friendship graph and his fort/den, and this - Jemaine and Bret's superstalker Mel's very own song!



Season 1 DVDs going cheap here and here

4 comments:

davyh said...

My brother-in-law bought me the DVD of the first series for my birtday last year, pressing it upon me warmly and saying 'You'll love this' but I still haven't watched it. I know!!!

Kippers said...

Oh I really envy you, having all that comedy goodness in store! You'll have to let me know what you make of it anyway, whenever you finally get around to watching it!

Kippers said...

BTW, someone optimistically calling themself 'sexy' has been spamming the guestbook today so I may have to reluctantly turn on the word verification thingy.

This has been a public service announcement. Thanks for not falling asleep during the course of it (unless you did, in which case you won't be awake to read this bit now. Well, not unless you fell asleep, woke up and are just discovering it now - in which case you'll probably need to wipe that slobber off your keyboard a bit sharpish).

davyh said...

I had 11 spammed comments from Sexy this morning. Worra pain. And I'm poorly.