Friday 2 September 2011

Pocket genius

Irish singer-songwriter (or in this instance, singer-songcoverer) Andy White's version of Alanis Morissette's Hand In My Pocket has been a favourite of mine for some years, but I'd never managed to find an excuse to stick it up on here before - until the realization struck that I don't actually need an excuse!

So yes, Andy's version is utterly charming and guaranteed to warm the cockles of the heart of anyone who hears it - even the most hardened of Morissette haters. If you've not heard it before have a listen now, and I'm at least 97.28% certain that it will put a smile on your face.

Andy White - Hand In My Pocket mp3

2 comments:

drew said...

I bought Andy White's first album, saw him a couple of times then duly forgot about him.

I'm listening to this and yes I'm smiling.

Cheers Kipper, someone else I will have to revist.

Btw - have you heard I Know I Fucked Up by Darren Hayman and Elizabeth Morris? Absolutely lush.

Kippers said...

Just listening to it now Drew. Good stuff. Ta for the heads-up.