Saturday 6 October 2007

"Resigned to haunt this place"

Hong Kong In Te 60s
I'm quite enthused about Hong Kong In The 60s. They formed in London early this year and are comprised of two librarians and an engineer (incidentally, both professions I considered before realising I have no skill in either direction); Mei Yau Kan, Christopher Greenberg and Tim Scullion.
Interesting musically incestuous fact: While at university, Mei Yau was invited to play bass for Electrelane, but declined for fear of incompetence.

Anyway, HKIT60s (as I shall call them, before I wear my fingers down to stubs typing their name) have a sweet sound that, at times, resembles the likes of Stereolab and the High Llamas - yay! Most of the time they're just the right side of noodley but they are also capable of producing songs which are closer to the twee side of things, which regular readers will know that I also love. Generally I think they're a very exciting band for the future and I look forward to being able to buy something they release. Until that time, have a listen to these mp3s, both left click jobs.

Hong Kong In the 60s - Don't Try mp3 (available for 7 days)

Hong Kong In The 60s - Spores mp3 (available for 7 days)

You can also visit the Hong Kong In The 60s website where there are a couple of mp3 downloads to be had and the Hong Kong In The 60s myspace page which has lovely songs to stream.
You can catch them live on November 28th at Lark In The Park, Angel Islington 8pm. More information on that here.

1 comment:

Kippers said...

Nice stuff. I likes it.