Saturday 22 December 2007

"It's nothing like the Christmas that I know and like"

There's quite a few Christmas songs aren't there? I'd estimate well over 12. In fact I've somehow amassed 1258 (of varying quality) on my computer over a couple of years, largely due to my determination to make a good and unpredictable Christmas CD each year. I'm not one of these nuts who goes bonkers over Christmas music...well, only for two months out of every year...but it's fair to say I could start a blog posting Christmas songs every day of the year. But I'm not going to, because that would be loopy.

Still, if you're not fed up of Christmas songs yet, the following two are super. If you are fed up of them, download these and listen to them this time next year - it'll be worth it, I promise!

Would-Be-GoodsMJ Hibbett and the Validators

From The World In Winter compilation from El Records in association with Cherry Red available to buy here:

Would-Be-Goods - Christmas In Haiti mp3 (available for 7 days)

From A Very Cherry Christmas 3 on Cherryade Records, available to buy here (I'd recommend snapping up volumes 1, 2 & 3 for a trifling £12 total):

MJ Hibbett and the Validators - The Advent Calendar Of FACT mp3 (available for 7 days)

2 comments:

MJ Hibbett said...

AAh, thanks for liking it, and a Merry Christmas, one and all!

Spike said...

Well it really is rather a spiffy Christmas song. Happy Christmas to you, also!