Every year for the past 4 years, I've made a Christmas CD for friends, containing absolutely no Slade, Wizzard or other shopping centre favourites. I can never guarantee a complete lack of Bing Crosby, but he definitely won't be singing White Christmas or Little Drummer Boy. Like most other bloggers, I try to avoid the commonly heard versions of Christmas songs.
This year the CD is entitled "Somebody's Got To Mind The Sleigh" - a lyric from one of the songs - and the front cover looks like this (it's my own work. Can you tell?):
In this year's compilation, Rudolph threatens to tell Santa's mama that her boy is a jive turkey, and Marlene Paul calls Elvis Presley a reindeer. You can download it from Rapidshare in two zipped folders because it's quite big. Sorry about that!
Part One: (61MB)
1. Christmas Is A-Coming - The Shitbirds
2. Once In Royal David's City - Sufjan Stevens
3. Winter In Canada - Elisa Gabbai
4. Disco Christmas - Universal Robot Band
5. Christmas Time - The dBs
6. What Are You Doing New Year's Eve - Ella Fitzgerald & Frank DeVol Orchestra
7. All I Want - The Weepies
8. Happy Xmas (War Is Over - Daryll-Ann
9. Love For Christmas - The Gems
10. Hard Candy Christmas - Dolly Parton
11. I'll Be Home For Christmas - Aimee Mann
12. Christmas In Suburbia - Martin Newell
13. I Wanna Spend Christmas With Elvis - Marlene Paul
Part Two: (47MB)
14. Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow! - Steve Lawrence & Eydie Gorme
15. In The Bleak Midwinter - The Pipettes
16. Noel - The Diskettes
17. Cozy Evenings - Dan Bryk
18. All The Right Reasons - Dressy Bessy
19. Winter Weather - Squirrel Nut Zippers
20. Soon After Christmas - Stina Nordenstam
21. Oh What A Christmas - El Perro Del Mar
22. Joy To The World - Clem Snide
23. Winter Song - The Fairways
24. Little Donkey - The Boy Least Likely To
25. Christmas Lullabye - Cary Grant
If you like any of these songs, please try to support the artist by looking for their music to purchase. It's not terribly difficult with all the search engines and online shops at our disposal these days!
Triple Tasteless Trot Treats - We Eat Horse Poop Yummy Every dog I know who lives with horses enjoys this “treat”… so gross I know!
2 hours ago