Monday 10 March 2008

From Raissa with love


A couple of cracking tracks from Raissa's 1999 Believer album today. If you've never heard of her before and don't know what to expect, Raissa Khan-Panni (to give her her full, fancy hyphenated name) has the following list of similar artists on Last FM: Power of Trinity, Awaria, Natural Mystic, Managga, Menomini...

No, I've never heard of any of them either. But Raissa - who mid-eighties era Smash Hits would undoubtedly have termed a "foxy vixtress" (oh how I loved that phrase!) - really has come up with some great pop songs in her time. Songs like these!

Raissa - Walk Right Through mp3

Raissa - How Long Do I Get mp3

(mp3s available for 7 days)

When you're done here, why not have a gander at this Raissa fansite?

Also, have a listen to some songs by Raissa's latest project The Mummers on their MySpace page. Be rude not to really.

3 comments:

Spike said...

Ooooooh! I like the sound of The Mummers! They are very exciting. Like St Vincent, only consistent.

Those Raissa tracks still sound as great as ever. I never imagined her to look like that, although I'm not quite sure what I thought she did look like.

"Menomini..."
Doo dooooo, doo doo doo!

Kippers said...

Heh! I thought that when I saw Menomini's name too.

Talking of names, I'm glad The Mummers didn't call themselves The Pappers!

mau said...

I've been looking for this song (walk right through)since it was released...long time ago... But the mp3 file has expired, somebody have this one? can somebody sent me the file, the link or whatever?
Pleaseeee!!!