Saturday 22 March 2008

"Holding my breath on the way home"

AberdeenTonight I had a sudden need to hear this song:

Aberdeen - Sink Or Float mp3 (available for 7 days)

It's the kind of song I only ever seem to listen to late at night, usually after I've been somewhere, had a great time and then find myself alone and sleepy.

It's from Aberdeen's first (and only) full length album, Homesick And Happy To Be Here, which was recorded and released during their second stint together. Aberdeen were signed to Sarah Records when it finally folded and the band split up after that. They reformed in 2000 and released their only proper album the two years later. Homesick And Happy To Be Here is a nice record with a few stand out tracks and you can buy it (and a couple of singles) from Better Looking Records.

I'm off to listen to the album and stare at my ceiling contentedly!

2 comments:

lito said...

Hi Spike!

I don't know the album, but this song is really great, I love it!

Cheers.

Spike said...

Glad you like it! I've always had a soft spot for that song.