Wednesday 28 May 2008

Nat'll Do Nicely

With her band currently on hiatus, Monkey Swallows The Universe singer Nat Johnson has recorded some lovely acousticy solo demos and, rather helpfully, put them up for the world to hear on her MySpace page. My favourites among these are the frankly wondrous Wonderful Emergency and a live version of the fifties classic A Teenager In Love. Marty Wilde eat your heart out!

Nat Johnson - Wonderful Emergency mp3 (available for 7 days)

Nat Johnson - A Teenager In Love (live) mp3 (ditto)

Absolutely chuffing brilliant, eh? If you live in or near Sheffield you can buy copies of Nat Johnson's demo CD for a measly £2 a throw from Jack's Records in Division Street. But if, like me, you live nowhere near England's Steel City, fear not, as Nat's recently announced on her blog that she's planning on doing some 'proper' recording later in the year. Fan-bloomin-tastic.

In the meantime, you could always buy The Casket Letters by Monkey Swallows The Universe on CD or as an mp3 album, if you haven't already.

3 comments:

lito said...

I love this woman, her voice is so sweet... Little Polvier is one of my favorite songs ever.

Kippers said...

Yes, I remember that one from the splendid Varios 2008 CD!

M. Britton said...

she's pretty awesome from the few trakcs I've just listened to. I know it sounds awful, but she'd fit very well on the Juno soundtrack.

God, I'm such an idiot - everything I do links into that bastard Juno movie in some way.