Wednesday 3 December 2008

Three of a Kind #66

Recorded in London at the fag end of 1989 and produced by Robin Guthrie of the Cocteau Twins, the Mad Love EP was Lush's second release, and became their first UK singles chart entry, reaching #55 in March '90.

And what a corker it was. Hark! what's that noise? It's the sound of a band hitting the ground running. (either that or some good old-fashioned crackly vinyl.) Let's shoegaze!

Lush - De-Luxe mp3

Lush - Thoughtforms mp3

Lush - Leaves Me Cold mp3

Mildly Interesting Pop Fact: Miki Berenyi from Lush's real name is Beryl Grimsdale. Actually it's not. It's Miki Berenyi. Cheryl Baker from Bucks Fizz's real name is Rita Crudgington, though. I wonder why she changed it?

Buy Lush stuff

1 comment:

alex said...

Oooh I LOVE Lush! I found this 12" for five smackers (about two quid in your terms) a few years ago - good find indeed. When I was 15 all I wanted to do was dye my hair bright red like Miki's, but I was never game enough to.