Thursday 10 September 2009

Write the feem toon, sing the feem toon...

Adam's post about the recently departed Keith Waterhouse got me reminiscing about one of the TV series the late author co-wrote with Willis Hall, the none more 1970s Budgie starring Adam Faith as Budgie, a West End ducker & diver, and Iain Cuthbertson as his equally shady employer Charlie Endell. Seeking clips of it out on YouTube I stumbled upon the opening sequence of a short-lived Budgie spin-off series I'd not been aware of before entitled Charles Endell Esq which saw Iain Cuthbertson reprise his role as the titular Glaswegian gangster. It looks dead good actually.

The reason I mention all this here on what is, after all, a music blog is because of the frankly astonishing theme song, which Cuthbertson voices - I hesitate to use the word "sings" - himself and which you can hear in all its dubious glory in the clip below. I think I can safely say you'll never have heard anything like it!

No comments: