Sunday 10 July 2011

Never Buy The Sun - Billy Bragg

I know Billy's largely preaching to the converted with this one but still, god love him.



Billy Blogg


I despaired at that stat about them printing five million copies of the final edition of the News of the World - ie twice as many as usual - this weekend, by the way. I mean, really, who in their right mind would want to get their hands on this shit after what's come out this week - last issue or not?

Still, I'm sure the NotW's readership will have appreciated the tribute to the (presumably) once respectable old rag from George Orwell that was printed on the cover. Or would have done had they had the slightest idea who he was. Actually that's a bit unfair; I'm sure they know exactly who George was. Pink hippo, comedy foil to Zippy on Rainbow. That's the one. Anyway, good riddance to bad rubbish (no, not George and Zippy!). Let's hope The Sun also sets for good soon.

No comments: