Wednesday 19 October 2011

Public service blogging

We live in an age where it's possible to call up even the most risible, meaningless song lyrics in a matter of seconds, thanks to the plethora of websites serving that purpose which clutter up the internet; but is it possible to find the words to old Faith Brothers classics online? Is it bollocks.

At least that's the case as far as personal favourite A Stranger On Home Ground goes. Can't find it for looking. Unlike the albums the Faith Brothers later released - which included printed lyrics for all the songs - there was no sign of any song words transcribed anywhere on the sleeve of this single-only release. In which case, I shall now give you my interpretation of them! (Please do let me know if you think I've gone wrong anywhere, and I'll amend them accordingly.)



Egos soar as glasses crack
And promises weighed by the pound
Greedy fingers slapping backs
As strangers walk on my home ground

And greatness by association
Would seem to be an easy thing
The world's a lie that love defies
Believe me when you hear me sing
Only love can stop me now
From stumbling like a stranger on home ground

Strangers always call too late
Handshakes always let you down
What is worthy I shall take
But nothing gained is like love found

And greatness by association
Would seem to be an easy thing
The world's a lie that love defies
Believe me when you hear me sing
Only love can stop me now
From stumbling like a stranger on home ground

Strangers always call too late
Handshakes always let you down
What is worthy I shall take
But nothing gained is like love found

And greatness by association
Would seem to be an easy thing
The world's a lie that love defies
Believe me when you hear me sing
Only love can stop me now
From stumbling like a stranger on home ground


Faith Brothers - A Stranger On Home Ground mp3

3 comments:

dickvandyke said...

Looks and sounds bang on to me Kips, old lad.

I'm sure that you could get it straight from the horses mouth.

I have contacted Billy before and he has graciously responded - even sending me music - new and old.

He has a new website/everything called The B-Spot! Lots to look at and learn...

http://billyfranks.com/

Love Dickie

Rol said...

I do like that. Always like to hear some nice trumpets in my pop music. Ta!

Kippers said...

Cheers chaps.

Yes, love a bit of brass myself, Rol. The trumpet's definitely a much underused instrument in pop!

Ta for the website info, Dickie. The poor forum's looking a bit forlorn at the moment though.