Wednesday 4 July 2007

This scene is the scene to be seen in


One of my favourite new(ish) UK bands at the moment just has to be The Indelicates, a refreshingly misanthropic London five-piece, featuring Simon Indelicate, Julia Indelicate (once of The Pipettes), Kate Newberry, Al Clayton and Ed Van Beinum.

I knew I was going to like this band as soon as I saw the title of their debut single, last year's We Hate The Kids, and it really doesn't disappoint. Someone writing lyrics that actually mean something - in this day and age. Well bugger me gently, as Lizzie Birdsworth might have put it. Anyway, I've included We Hate The Kids, along with the equally brilliant Sixteen, below, so grab them while you can.

But the even better news is that The Indelicates' spanking brand new single, the whistle-tastic (move over, Peter, Bjorn & John) Julia, We Don't Live In The 60s, is out this week and is quite possibly the best of the lot. The band have made the song available to stream from their My Space page, so if you like what you hear there (and below) you know what to do. It's available as a download from Virgin, Napster, HMV, 7 Digital & Tunetribe, or on 7" and CD from your local music emporium.

The Indelicates - Sixteen mp3 (available for seven days)

The Indelicates - We Hate The Kids mp3 (available for seven days)

The Indelicates' official site

1 comment:

Spike said...

I really like what I've heard of the Indelicates thus far. Julia... is brilliant. I also like Waiting For Pete Docherty To Die. Good choice of songs from you!