Tuesday 28 August 2007

Tonight I'm gonna party like it's 1989



The Rainbirds were a female-fronted German band led by singer Katharina Franck, who released eight albums between 1987 and 1999. Now, I can't for the life of me remember how I first discovered them, but as it was in 1989 - and seeing as they never charted here in the UK - the chances are it was (good old) MTV Europe who gave me my first taste of this fine band.

The hypnotically wonderful single Sea of Time was the first Rainbirds record I ever bought, and it remains my favourite song of theirs even to this day; although, in fairness - as is often the way with me when it comes to keeping up with slightly obscure bands that I really like - I only ever got round to buying two of their eight albums, so for all I know the other six may contain songs even better than this one! I doubt it, though, as Sea of Time is the absolute bee's knees as far as I'm concerned. See what you think!

Rainbirds - Sea of Time mp3 (available for seven days)

Visit the Rainbirds online

Buy Rainbirds stuff here

No comments: