Monday 2 February 2009

I've started and they're Finnish

Burning Hearts are Finnish duo Jessica Rapo and Henry Ojala. In another life Jessica is the singer with Le Futur Pompiste while drummer/multi-instrumentalist Henry plies his trade in Cats On Fire, who've made quite a splash here in the UK over the past twelve months or so. I've no idea how Burning Hearts came to choose their name although I suspect it probably wasn't inspired by the Survivor song of the same name which featured on the soundtrack to Rocky IV many moons ago. (Then again, you never know!)

A week or so before Christmas we received a preview of Burning Hearts' forthcoming album Aboa Sleeping courtesy of Matthew at Shelflife Records which I was immediately taken with and have been enjoying ever since. If dreamy, female-vocalled synthpop is your bag (daddio) then I think you're really going to enjoy this album, which comes out on February 10th but which you can pre-order from Shelflife for a measly $10 right now. In the meantime, get your listening gear round these!

Burning Hearts - I Lost My Colour Vision mp3 (right click)

Burning Hearts - Iris mp3 (left click - available for 7 days)


Buy the album

No comments: