Friday 24 April 2009

Blimey, is that the time already?

Hello, campers. Been busy tarting up my new house this week so not really had the time or the inclination (or the internet connection now I think about it) to do any blogging. And for some reason I can't get this song out of my head at the mo.

The Freshies - House Beautiful mp3 (right click - here we go again, Davy!)

Also, apropos of absolutely nothing, here's my favourite Kate Rusby song, Our Town, which I've never got round to putting up here before but which is absolutely gorgeous. If you ever get the chance to see Kate and her band in concert you really should as her songs sound even better in a live context. Her between-song banter is great, also. You'll hear all about the antics of her Staffordshire Bull Terrier, Doris, for example. And I know you wouldn't want to miss that.

I dunno - talented, good-looking and a natural raconteur. Make you sick, some people!

Kate Rusby - Our Town mp3 (left click)

Mildly Interesting Folkie Fact: Our Town was written and originally recorded by brilliantly-named American singer-songwriter Iris Dement. Here's a clip of her performing it with the less-brilliantly-named-but-not-bad-nevertheless Emmylou Harris.

Buy Kate Rusby stuff

1 comment:

davyh said...

Ooh, that's good, that Rusby. Ta!