Monday 30 May 2011

Music sounds better with Acid House Kings


I've been listening to the long-awaited new Acid House Kings album, Music Sounds Better With You a lot recently, and it's everything fans of these twee Swedish (Tweedish?) stalwarts could have hoped for. Quintessentially Acid House Kings, basically!

My favourite track on the album would probably be I Just Called to Say Jag älskar dig - a gorgeous little love song tucked away near the end. But when I looked at the album's listening stats on Last FM a little while ago, something struck me as odd about this particular song's figures.

While the other nine tracks on Music Sounds Better With You had all garnered at least 3,000 plays apiece (one track gaining in excess of 8,000 listens), I Just Called to Say Jag älskar dig has managed a total of just 191 plays - almost 3,000 below any of the others. This can lead me to only two possible conclusions:

1) The fact that part of the title is in Swedish is putting people off giving it a chance. Not that this should matter, but it seems to. The ironic thing is, Jag älskar dig (I love you) are the only three Swedish words in the whole of the song.

2) People are worried I Just Called to Say Jag älskar dig might be a cover of that horrible old Stevie Wonder song. An understandable concern, but don't worry, it's not.

Anyway, don't just take my word for how good it is - have a listen for yerself!

Acid House Kings - I Just Called to Say Jag älskar dig mp3

Music Sounds Better With You is out now on Labrador

No comments: