Wednesday 1 October 2008

Three of a Kind #58


If you'd been stuck on a desert island in 1993 and hadn't a clue what was happening in the UK music scene at the time (something that would be troubling your thoughts greatly in such a situation, obviously), today's featured album would have provided you with all you needed to know about the state of (for want of a better phrase) chart indie in the nanosecond or two before Britpop broke. The album in question is Loaded (named after the Primal Scream track rather than the lot-to-answer-for lads' mag), and, to save you straining your eyes trying to read it from the pic above, the track listing went something (or exactly) like this:

1. Loaded - Primal Scream
2. Are You Gonna Go My Way - Lenny Kravitz
3. Animal Nitrate - Suede
4. The Devil You Know - Jesus Jones
5. Connected - Stereo MCs
6. I Feel You - Depeche Mode
7. Mrs Robinson - The Lemonheads
8. The Only Living Boy In New Cross - Carter USM
9. Totally Random Man - Therapy?
10. She Sells Sanctuary - The Cult
11. Start Choppin' - Dinosaur Jr
12. Feed The Tree - Belly
13. After All - The Frank & Walters
14. If I Can't Change Your Mind - Sugar
15. Certain People I Know - Morrissey
16. Showgirl - The Auteurs
17. Anyone Can Play Guitar - Radiohead
18. I'm Easy - Faith No More


Now I don't know about you, but I can take or leave a lot of those tracks. There're some crackers in there as well, mind (else what would be the point of my posting songs from it?). Crackers like these!

Belly - Feed The Tree mp3

The Frank & Walters - After All mp3

The Auteurs - Showgirl mp3


Buy music

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had that album on tape and my favourites were the Belly and auteurs tracks. I havne't played it for years though.

Dennis said...

Who could have possibly thought after listening just this CD that Radiohead would rule indieland for the next decade?

Kippers said...

Not me. I never really 'got' the whole Radiohead thing.

Great minds think alike, eh, Rachel? What would have been your third choice in a Three of a Kind for this album?

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhhhh Loaded, it's the album that made me 'indie'.

Great stuff!